Saturday, February 5, 2011

more joy from my job

a few AWESOME interactions with my kids this week made me remember once again that i have the BEST job in the world!!!

-on tuesday, i went down to the 7th grade choir rehearsal to work with some kids on solo/ensemble stuff. one of my former students, r, came up to leslie and i and proceeded to tell us about the origins of the phrase "mad as a hatter". typing out what he said could not possibly do the story justice, but it did involve a crazy laugh and an aside of "i would have said out of their freaking minds, but i didn't think that was appropriate to say to teachers."

-my 2nd graders were having a little dance party at the end of class and the whole class was having an absolute blast. they were dancing their little hearts out when one of the cuties came up to me and said "miss andrews...watch my dance. it's got robot arms and leprechaun feet!!!". and he proceeded to flail his feet around while keeping his arms stiff...amazing, t...amazing!

-a kindergartener who is basically non-verbal said "goodnight, miss andrews" as he was leaving school with his mom and brother.

-one of the 6th graders who went to see "hairspray" on our field trip this week told me that his favorite character in the whole show was prudy pingleton...who is on stage for a few short, short scenes. a told me "i just don't understand why she wasn't on more...she was hilarious!"

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment