Monday, February 7, 2011

my new "project"-love

today, i started a reading plan at youversion.com. over the next 16 days, i'm taking a look at some of what the bible has to say about love.

my reading for today was 1 john 4:16
and so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

God has made it so that if we know Him, we know love. and when we know what love is and live in it, we grow even closer to Him. i have been blessed lately in that i have no doubt in my mind that God loves me. He has blessed me with amazing friends and family who encourage me and support my dreams. He has given me a job that i love more than most things in my life. i have never known what it is to need something and not be able to get it. i have a church that i can serve in and be served by. there is no question at all that God loves me.

over the years, i have come to know God in so many ways. and because of this, i know what love is. over the past month or so, i have drawn even closer to God, and because of it, i have felt His love in so many ways. everything in my life is more rewarding. my interactions with people, both little ones and adult, have been more enriching, more inspiring, and just so awesome!

God is my first love. if i lost everything or everyone i hold dear in this life, i would still have a life worth living because i have God. everyone deserves to feel true and unconditional love. i have the answer. just know who God is. time to start sharing that with the people who need Him most!

No comments:

Post a Comment