Monday, February 14, 2011

I AM THE LORD

i have fallen behind on my readings, but in many ways, i feel as though i was supposed to read day 4's reading today...

do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the lord. [leviticus 19:18]

i feel like God is saying SO much to me in this verse, especially in light of what has been going on politically in wisconsin. i have definitely taken a lot of time to read up on scott walker's proposal as well as handfuls and handfuls of the comments left by people who are applauding walker's aggressive move. it has been so frustrating and so hurtful to read some of what has been said about public workers, and especially teachers. but no matter what is said and no matter the end result, i am called to love everyone.

i need to be Christ to everyone i come in contact with, whether physically or through cyber-space. i know that God has it all under control, and so i need not consume myself with this issue. instead, i need to completely fill myself with Christ's love so that it overflows into the lives of the people i meet from now until His return. if i seek the love of Jesus for myself, i should be so overwhelmed with it that i can't help but draw others to seek His love, too.

i feel like the "i am the lord" at the end has a dual meaning for me. it's almost as if God is reminding His people of who He is. He has commanded this of us and because He is lord, we MUST obey. especially if we claim to love God. i also feel like this is God's way of saying "trust me...if you can't do it, i am the lord and i can". it is REALLY hard for me to love certain people. but God's love is infinite. it is undying. and it is unconditional. if i ask God to fill me with His love for people, i will be able to love them the same way God does.

wouldn't the world be an amazing place if we all did this?

No comments:

Post a Comment